Belovo Paper Mill is oriented towards minimizing its environmental footprint by controlling the impact of its activities. For this purpose, the company developed and has maintained since an Environmental Management System in line with the IS0 14001 standards. This Environmental Management System is applied to the main activity relating to tissue paper production and conversion. Our Environmental Policy follows the principles below:
- Widely applicable commitment for continuous improvement of our practices towards the prevention or/and reduction of the factory’s environmental footprint
- Evaluation of significant aspects related to raw materials consumption and environmental pollution, taking into account the legal requirements for effective disposal management
- Strict adjustment to regulations concerning environmental protection
- Consideration of interests of the interrelated parties – partners, suppliers, clients, central and local authorities, NGO’s and citizens
The policy provides the framework for setting and reviewing objectives in the General Assembly. This policy is applied by:
- Identifying and assessing the company’s environmental impact.
- Introducing advanced technology, updated manufacturing practices and environmentally friendly raw materials
- Further expanding the Environmental Management System to prevent and reduce environmental impact.
- Efficiently using raw materials and energy
The entire staff of Belovo Paper Mill is committed to supporting the company’s Environmental policy, applying it daily and making efforts to increase environmental awareness and protection.